It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 16:39

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Elemental/restoration Shaman looking for a new home. 

Post Elemental/restoration Shaman looking for a new home.
Character Information

Character Name: Parorr
Current Realm: Jaedenar

Class: Shaman
Race: Troll

Armory or other profiler Link: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&cn=Parorr

Professions: Engineering + Alchemy
Talent Spec: Restorations 13/58(cookiecutter)
Secondary Talent Spec of choice for Dual Spec: Elemental 57/14 (improved fire nova)

Personal Information

Nationality: Dutch (Netherlands)

Time Zone: GMT+1

Playschedule availability: Friday & saturday are hard days for me to raid all other days are no problem. There is a exception to this rule sometimes I have to work late(this rarely happens) due to a malfunction in one of our systems at work.

Should my application be accepted, please contact me this way:
A whisper/ ingame mail/ pm on the forum/ reply on this topic. It depends what is easiest for you.

Question & Answer

About your application

Q: Why did you apply to Imbalanced?
A: I am going to be honest: progress, ofcourse fun is a big factor but I want to finish the expansion and experience the Lich king fight on heroic mode.

Imbalanced seems like a guild who can provide me with a mature, stable raiding environment wich also is progressing towards the goal I have set for myself.

Q: What do you expect from Imbalanced?
A:Like above, I expect a mature, friendly, focused guild that wants to progress and have fun during that.

Q: Why Imbalanced should take you as member?
A: Frist off I am a quick learner and can adept too new tactics fast. When mistakes occur I try to analyze what went wrong, what could I have done better, cooldown usage, what can I do to make it easier for myself, etc. A few examples: Sindragosa air phase: I have dual screen and put a huge picture with the mark spots on my second screen so I can easly see where to move (avr is a nice addon wich works wonders there but I havent used it much) Another example: Marrowgar during bonestorm, pop my hyperspeed accelerators to have faster heals on the spiked people.

Q: Do you know anyone in Imbalanced able to guarantee and backup your application? If yes, who?
A: Sadly I do not.

Q: Did you read and did you understand our Application FAQ? If the answer is "No", you want to do it now and then write "Yes".
Please actually do read the FAQ, we don't react well when we're asked questions already answered there about 20 minutes after you submit your application.

A: I have read it so yes

Q: Where did you see our recruitment post bringing you to submit this application?
A:I did not, I just faction changed to horde.

About you and your raiding experience and expertise

Q: What's your experience in PvE and high-end Raiding in World of Warcraft?
A: Wotlk - All content cleared up tol 10/12 Hc Ice Crown Citadel.
Tbc - All content cleared up to 3rd Boss in Sunwell
Vanilla - All content cleared, also the old naxxramus.

Q: Were/are you part of any other guild? If yes, why did you leave/want to leave those?
A: I am going to be thorough here and post my wow past:

Vanilla
Well ss I have been playing wow from day 1 I will start at the first real guild I was invited and learned the basics of raiding.
It was on the server: stormreaver a druid called Parra(first char, played druid all of vanilla) There I got into a guild called "post mortem"and cleared ony,mc,bwl,zg,aq20 what post mortem killed was the aq40 release it was too much to handle for some players at Princess huhuran and people started leaving for other guilds. Maybe worth mentioning I did kill all world dragons a lot as before aq the only feral druid weapon was dropping there at that point, was camping the spawn spots till like 02.00/03.00 at night, the guild killing them, got used to me being there and gave me a invite from time to time (Exploding Labrats on Stormreaver - Still exists today)

Post mortem died and after that I idle'ed in Iron Forge basicly, trying to find myself a suitable guild,wich failed. when naxx came out I wanted to try something else as I was having a hard time finding a new "home" and decided to move to mazrigos on a free migration with some irl friends away from stormreaver.

There I joined a guild called: From heaven, wich migrated from another server(can't remember wich) there too. Joined there ranks and cleared aq40/naxx with them, they were quite good and gave me a good insight on how hardcore guilds are run.

Summer was coming in then, also tbc was on the brink of being launched, I decided to take a short break, have a vacation see some friends so I had a break of 3/4 weeks from wow and played casual till TBC.

Tbc
TBC launched I joined a guild called Unity on mazrigos. First as druid but I rerolled to holy paladin.
Not much to tell Just a bit of a casual guild wich had some fair progress, kara, early ssc/tk

The guild died when the gm had to take a break from the game for a couple of months and at that point there were not really much other guilds around recruiting as mazrigos was low/medium populated.

Then With my tier4 and alot to work on as holy paladin I decided once more to look for a more popualted server. After some searching, testing pvp q's Battlegroup's arena rankings, server rankings. and such I decided to go to Neptulon.

There after doing pvp/idle'ing getting to know people.
I saw a trade spam for the guild called Prepared I joined The guild prepared and I was with them until Yesterday altho it's called Verdict now.

With them I raided from kara up till swp, I never got to clear swp as the sheer lack of shamans ( heroism, chainheal stacking) made it almost impossible to beat the encounters there, I came as far as killing the first 2 and We gave up after the wotlk nerf got patched.

wotlk
In wotlk I raided with my paladin up until sarth3d and some of the hardmodes. When I decided to reroll, The paladin healing style was not for me anymore and as the elemental shaman we had back then went inactive. I asked for a reroll to elemental shaman

The gm encourages people to play a class they like.
I then picked up my shaman(lvl70 still) and started lvling/gearing etc, this was not that long from release of ulduar away and had some trouble gearing up during the start of Ulduar

During our progress In Ulduar my Girlfriend and I Fell In love with a house we saw and decided to buy it. There was alot of work needed on the house so I decided to step back a bit from raiding and work on the house. As it is currently my house is finished (finished as a house will ever be, meaning you always have things to do) and I resumed raiding again. Now at this point I feel Verdict is in a bad place. Verdict just recoverd from almost dying and I wont go too much in detail here but feel free to send me a whisper.

As It seems they got stuck running Lich king 10hc for weeks now to try to down him and we are not trying it on 25man resulting in 1 day of raiding a week if I am lucky. This is not the kind of progression I am looking for at the moment and decided to give the horde side of the server a try and I must say it is way more lively as alliance and liking it so far.

Q: Do you have any WWS, WoWMeterOnline or any other combat log parser link about your performances? You can leave this blank but it is a big plus if linked.
A: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5uvfp9cfgxayg52b/

Q: In which areas do you feel you can improve yourself when it comes to raiding? We're not talking about gear here, but about you as a player.
A: I can be quite the hothead from time to time and my focus suffers from that. Altho its not the same as When I started out with raiding and got way more patience as it is(wisdom comes with getting older it seems )

About you and your view of WoW

Q: Do you want to spend some words explaining some of your gear/gem/enchanting choices? You can leave this blank if you feel you have nothing to explain.
A: Its pretty straight forward: For both the specs so I dont have to explain much here I think. My resto kit has alot of haste and I use some gear for elemental aswell so I have 12sp/10haste gems in certain items.

Q: What's your opinion on learning/progress raids?
A: Like said earlier, I want to progress I dont want to take "phat lewts" to afk with in a homecity.

Q: What's your opinion on farm raids during non-progress periods?
A: I experience it most of the times as pretty relaxing, jokes are made on ventrilo, people are relaxed etc,usually takes only 1 day of active raiding to clear all content.

Q: What's your opinion on (raid related) achievements?
A: I think its one of the good things blizzard did to this game, give gear to everyone but keep certain perks fior the hardcore players. I really like it

Q: What's your opinion on the current raid content?
A: It is a bit repetative at this point, doing all bosses on normal then on hc, then on normal 25 then on hc25. I really like where they are going next expansion.
Also I really love the feel of Ice Crown Citadel, I got the "this is a dungueon feeling" Wich I do not had during Toc.

About you, the present, and the future in WoW

Q: Do you have anything that could influence negatively your playtime?
A: At this point, no.

Q: What are your short term goals and plans in World of Warcraft?
A: Kill Lich King 25 Hc

Q: What are your long term goals and plans in World of Warcraft?
A: Reroll goblin shaman as soon as it is available, love the new goblin race (race change) and be among the first to clear the new content of the expansion.

Q: Where do you see yourself in WoW six months from now? And where one year from now?
A: To be honest I do not know but I hope I will be a valued member of this guild and Hoping Ruby sanctum is provding a decent challenge.

In a year: Let's hope Cataclysm has started by then and I am racing my toon to 85 as soon as possible.

And, for last

Q: Do you have anything to add to your application that you would like us to know? You can leave this blank.
A:

I would love to join this guild as mainspec elemental. however I do like resto as much as elemental and would have no objections going resto mainspec and offspec elemental.

My gear for both is pretty good:
4/5 Elemental 264 and 3/5 resto 264 (40 badges away from 4/5) and having 2 more 264 tokens in my bank.

As a sidenote I have somewhat of a enhancement set but I do not really like the melee side of the shaman and do not prefer to play it.

More about me:
I work as a systemsengineer(IT) for a organisation wich is mostly taking care of the elderly. that explains if somethings goes wrong I can be late altho I want to assure you this does not happen alot, I would say it is very rare.

My Computer:
E8400 Oc'ed to 4ghz
4Gb of Ram Oc'ed
5770 Gfx Oc'ed
A 20mbit connection
I play at 1920x1080 around 50fps in dalaran(19.00 server time) on Ultra settings during raids I have no problems at all.

Tried to be thorough here, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Edited the post: make it more readable and corrected some typo's (will still be some in here, english not being my mothertongue)

Last edited by Parorr on Mon May 17, 2010 10:46, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 17, 2010 08:07
Imbalanced Officer

Post Re: Elemental/restoration Shaman looking for a new home.
nps on the double post. deleted the second one for you.
Good Luck on your application.

Mon May 17, 2010 10:30
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]