It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 16:17

Anub is dead. 
Former High Chieftain

Post Anub is dead.
After 25 nubs (us) were killed repeatedly for weeks trying to kill him.

Final Status:
[] Northrend Beasts
[] Lord Jaraxxus
[] Faction Champions
[] Val'kyr Twins
[] Anub'arak

Yes, we even got the [A Tribute to Skill (25 player)] while we were at it.
Honestly though, this is one of the most unforgiving encounters as far as individual mistakes are concerned that I have seen in World of Warcraft in almost 5 years of honored raiding career. Add on top of that the not exactly appreciated (to use someone else's words: "retarded") weekly attempts limitation and you get yourself a nice cocktail for frustration. Here is where I say that we could and should have gotten it last week and we just failed because of the attempts limit. But in truth, honestly, we failed last week because we sucked on the final rush and our focus went out of the window once we got him to 15%.

But well, all is well what ends up well, in the end, and it did end extremely well for us, in yet another one of our legendary "last attempts for the evening", where everyone magically throw away their Clark Kent glasses and play finally as the Superman they really are. Our kill traveled on about 10% better DPS than any of our other attempts, and the earlier attempts were already plenty in time to obtain the kill. Feel free to check the logs of the kill if you don't believe me.

I am very grateful to everyone in the guild for a very well executed strategy, and I am especially grateful to those in the guild who have been put on the sidelines in the past week or two in order to focus and maximize the upgrades and the practice on our Anub-killing posse. Stuff now gets finally back to normality, with us getting pumped up for a hopefully soon to be launched Icecrown Citadel. I promise won't be aiming to absolutely conserve every possible attempt everywhere. Maybe. Getting a few Tribute to Insanity wouldn't hurt, indeed :mrgreen:

Let's just hope to never see again limitations on weekly attempts in a raiding instance in World of Warcraft, and that the pace of progression will be again dictated by the actual difficulty of the fights. I'd also say "let's hope that future encounters won't have any silly gimmick relying entirely on some never really used mechanic up to then and promote the usage of old and outdated gear over fresh and supposedly Best in Slot". But then I look at my Anub Tanking outfit and I see [Onslaught Waistguard] and [Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600] and I am just am thankful to have guild members willing to run again with me in outdated content just to catch up again on gear that I once had, never really used due to its uselessness and deleted, then absolutely needed to defeat the big baddie of the moment. I swear I will never get rid of my block gear ever again in my Warrior's life when I'm clearing my bank.

P.s.
On related news, which we didn't really deem front-page worthy, we got a couple of [A Tribute to Insanity (10 player)] in the past weeks with a few of our 10 Man Heroic Groups. The farming and gearing up with 3-4 groups in the 10 Man instance every week certainly helped out to achieve what we did tonight. Like gearing up one of our Legendary Mace's healers to be something similar to a proper Retribution Paladin.

P.p.s.
I still fucking hate you, Lavanthor, and even if we killed Anub, the game is still open between us :evil:

Sun Oct 04, 2009 16:32

Post Re: Anub is dead.
Quote:
Farming and gearing up with 3-4 groups in the 10 Man instance every week certainly helped out to achieve what we did tonight. Like gearing up one of our Legendary Mace's healers to be something similar to a proper Retribution Paladin.

Who might this person be? ^^ :lol:

Sun Oct 04, 2009 17:19
Former High Chieftain

A nub.

AHAH. I am hilarious.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 17:26
Imbalanced Member

i heard twistedheart will be the new retri !

Sun Oct 04, 2009 17:29
Profile WWW
Imbalanced Member

Never heard of twistedheart.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 17:49
Imbalanced Member

\o/ heard wallep would be the new retking

Sun Oct 04, 2009 18:11
Imbalanced Officer

Dum di dum ,da nub is ded.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 18:32
Former High Chieftain

Also, Atylia i still remember your promise from this morning in VH Heroic, I expect to see the "Road to Anub" video link posted tomorrow. KKTHXBAI.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 18:54

The Road to Anub isnt done untill we have him down with 50 attempts!

Mon Oct 05, 2009 00:58
Imbalanced Member

Huge GZ guys! Makes me sad I missed my first 1st kill here. :/ Though on the brighter side I'm gonna get internet back on tuesday. :)

Mon Oct 05, 2009 01:03
Imbalanced Officer

Relax, there is only one Paladin alt worthy enough of rolling Retri.
Hail http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=nimiu

Mon Oct 05, 2009 01:21
Imbalanced Officer

Pretty sure that I did suggest the usefullness of block gear back in dec/january would kick in sooner or later!

[21:57] <Cinder> I am a wow addict.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 02:03
Former High Chieftain

Karnee wrote:
Pretty sure that I did suggest the usefullness of block gear back in dec/january would kick in sooner or later!

Credit is due where is due, but on the other hand you have always been obsessed with Block :laugh:

Mon Oct 05, 2009 03:12
Imbalanced Member

effing good job guys, think ill decline more raids in future :)

Mon Oct 05, 2009 04:07
Imbalanced Member

Manzotin wrote:
Karnee wrote:
Pretty sure that I did suggest the usefullness of Thunderfury back in dec/january would kick in sooner or later!

Credit is due where is due, but on the other hand you have always been obsessed with Thunderfury :laugh:

Fixed.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 04:09