It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 22:41

Hallo everyone 
Ghost of Raiding Past

Post Re: Hallo everyone
hey wolfie :) i wish we can chaingank madbaal again QQ :)

Sun Feb 13, 2011 13:10

Hai everyone,

I have been in the guild with you for some time now, so I thought I ought to introduce myself, so as everyone - who is interested - may have a picture of me, and how I got into Imbalanced after all.

Let us begin with the connections: I'm the cousin of Niemen and Catly. In age I'm 27, between the two of them, little younger than Nie - which is not so obvious at first sight - and much older than Catly - which is clearly visible in all aspects of life:P:) WoW experience does not count!

I have been working for 3 years now as a voice broker at a Hungarian bank, actually a pretty nice job with respect of WoW, since my working hours are closely related to the stock exchange - opens at 9.00 CET in the morning, closes at 17.10. The reason why I mention this is that you know then that I'm not a complete idiot or something like this - actually I can use my brain in cases where something unforeseeable happens, know when to use rebirth, etc. (this assumes I know the fight mechanics very well, which is in most of the Cata dungeons not the case yet).

So, let's get down to the facts:

Armory or other profiler Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/j ... llo/simple

Professions: Mining and Jewelcrafting
Talent Spec: Feral (tank)
Secondary Talent Spec: At the moment broken~Resto. However, on the long run, I will retalent to Balance. In case I do not need to tank, with the current tanking build I am able to deliver „acceptable” (lol) dps in cat form. Balance on the other hand allows me to excel in situations when an additional AoE damage dealer is needed. Actually if I find tanking too stressful - which is sometimes, on the top with you guys:) - then I might reroll to Balance completely, since ranged pew-pew is probably the easiest part of the game. You will see on what ground I say that - I did most of my raids as spriest, and even I managed to be a pretty decent dps. To be a good tank is far more difficult. And why not Resto? Well, tank/healer dual-spec would not be a relaxing activity - I have enough stress at the workplace, thanks.

Last, but not least, if someone is interested, he or she may take a look at my WoW-CV:

Vanilla: I started playing a Rogue on Neptulon one week after the opening of European servers. I heard how incredible the game was from my cousin, and since I was always an RPG-lover (I had been playing RPG-s in real life with friends for years, mostly AD&D) I got seduced by the game at once. To be honest, I was inexperienced, and had no idea even about the basics of how to play correctly a Rogue. After hitting 60 I tried to apply for some serious guilds, eventually ended up in a guild where I felt myself so terrible I cannot even recall its name. Some of my friends invited me to Haumarush, saying that there was a nice international guild gathering. That’s how I got into <Immortal Legion>, and met Ragnaros and his lackeys for the first time. I still remember the fight against Majordomo and Ragna, where I was main tank healer as dwarf priest. It was a great feeling to beat Domo, and wipe on Ragna many times.
The guild was good, the atmosphere friendly, however, I got bored with healing and always fighting for raid spots – yes, unbelievable it is, we had a lot of healers – I decided to reroll to a hunter. I still consider this decision and the times following as one of my most successful and happy periods in WoW. In BWL I became hunter officer for a while, made good progress untill Nefarian – If I’m right we were in the first 300 in EU after Chromaggus – and after tons of wiping (a whole month of endless tries) killed the evil lord of Blackrock.
Nevertheless, although the success was ours and the guild was above average in almost every aspect – I even met a Swedish girl from my age in the Immortal Legion who had such a lovely and charming voice that I fell in love with her at once, we even made plans to meet each other in real life – after a while, without new content to beat, and having met a new girl at the university, I felt no hunger for WoW, and took a break for 4-5 months. Played here and there in the time of AQ, killed some bosses up to Huhuran, nothing really heartbeating. Never seen Vanilla Naxx.

Burning Crusade: This is the point where my memory starts lacking, since the years are flowing into one another. My previous account was stolen, regained, then stolen again, eventually I let it go and bought a new WoW. By the time I restarted playing <Immortal Legion> had already disbanded, and I felt a strong compassion for the server where my cousins were playing. Besides, there was also a famous – probably the most famous – national guild, <Black Ravens> on the Neptulon. I started a Priest again – don’t really know the reason, it might have been due to the new, empowered and viable shadow tree. I must tell you, I have always loved shadow form!
I was accepted to the Ravens, and slowly gained a fix raider spot. BT and Hyjal were already out, no key needed, so we headed directly to the end-raid content. With the guild I killed Archimonde and Illidan, and we set out to conquer Sunwell as well. For some reason of which I cannot remember I attended the raids rather rarely in Sunwell, however, I was present on our first Kil’jaeden kill. Although already nerfed, it was still a big accomplishment for us, just a few weeks before the Lich King.

Wrath of The Lich King: I started that expansion with the idea of rerolling a shaman, because I wanted to focus more on PvP and I always felt like shaman had a huge PvP potential. Nevertheless, I ended up as enhancement shaman raiding the reconstructed/recycled Naxxramas. We progressed quickly to Naxx to reach the Lich King – honestly, this was not a big achievement at all. Compared to my internet connection – Back then I had mobile net which was disastrous, got disconnected many times and had constantly problems with the speed – I delivered quite okay performance. We killed Sartharion also pretty fast – even with all the drakes up – but had some problems with Malygos, don’t know the reason why.
In between I started levelling up Gabriello, who was meant to be a twink char. I had two friends who were also willing to do some twinking. At lvl 39 we played some BG-s together – never lost any at that time – and it made loads of fun as balance. After that we got the idea that we should try to 3-men Vanilla instances. As it turned out in Uldaman and Zul Farrak, it was too easy, although we had no healer (druid+mage+hunter). So we tried Maraudon only the two of us, me as tank and my buddy as frost mage. At level 48 it was quite a challenge even in the best possible gear. After having some successful runs without wiping we set out to conquer Sunken Temple as well. The dragonkin packs and the Shade of Eranikus was a real pain in the ass, and a far bigger achievement than beating any bosses in WoTLK…From this encounter I even have some pictures:)

After a while I grow tired of the same Naxx/Sartharion/Malygos cycle, had my girlfriend arguing with me all the time that I was addicted, in addition I wanted to perform better at my job, since playing till late nights clearly had an influence on my performance. So I decided to finish with my WoW-career for good, gave all my money to the friends/relatives, quit my guild, etc., so as I won’t feel like coming back any more. However, it seems you cannot get rid of the things you are crazy about so easily…

Cataclysm: 2 years have passed and I always kept myself up-to-date about WoW and how things are evolving. After a while I realized, that I cannot rip myself off of WoW entirely. In addition, our relationship with my girlfriend was starting to be more serious, and who knows, maybe in 2 years I’ll already have a child, and it goes without saying that there won’t be much free time left then. So I made up my mind to start again for at least a year, this time with my precious druid in a tanking role.

That is my story. Some remarks about me in WoW at the end: I know my specs usually very well, read Elitist Jerks and other forums a lot, always know my rotation inside out. However, I'm very bad at multitasking - also in real life - so in case there are more things happening - "standing in fire", "need to interrupt", "add beating party members" - I prove to be pretty slow and that may cost a lot. I try to prioritize, sometimes end up missing on everything. Maybe it is connected to my very slow keyboard handling, nevertheless, that is my weak side, I wont ever be quicker with the keys. On the other hand, if I know the encounters very well, know when to counter what, I perform quite okay.

Side note: Patch 4.1 will help druid tanks a lot in AoE situations, reducing swipe cooldown. Cheers

Huh, that was quite a long story. I hope at least some people will take the effort to read it, and get to know me better.

I thank you in advance for that, and I'm grateful that I can be the part of Imbalanced.

Gabriello

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:22
Veteran

i'd suggest you move Gabriello's post to memebers forums... it is in public: every one can see it :)

Nice to meet you btw! sounds like kada and maldion will like you!!! :)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 04:08
Profile WWW
Imbalanced Member

i only love Maldion and i do cybersex with him. lets see what this fresh blood can do!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 05:37
Imbalanced Member

WELCOME!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 07:22
Profile WWW
Ghost of Raiding Past

Sup all.
Know this forum is dead but had to say mine.
Somehow I developed an increasing nostalgia for what I consider the best online experience so far I ever had.
Was watching some vanilla youtube videos and memories start coming back. So I just decided to learn what happend wit the guild that wasn’t more than just a guild, it was more than pixels on my screen. Imbalanced was a feeling. An experience. And I was lucky enought to be part of it (even if I didnt participate that much in raids compared to other members, back in Vanilla). Was really sad, after 8 years of distance to learn that that Imbalanced is gone.
But yet, when it comes to gaming, I can say that so far, no game, no guild was even close to the 0.01% of what Imbalanced was.
I just want to thank everyone of the players I had the chance to play with (barely remeber all the names, this happened 12 years ago!) for the amazing time!
Nonetheless wish to everyone the best in RL!

Tonybarella-Napalm-Tantoamore

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:35
Imbalanced Member

I login once per year to see if someone has written something. Best gaming experience for me as well and I miss all of you guys. We were like one big family. :laugh:

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:34
Imbalanced Member

Milten! :D how r u m8? will u be playin wowclassic? :) demo avalible on blizzcon :metal:

Thu Sep 27, 2018 04:27
Profile WWW